How to Make:
- For the dressing, place the garlic and chilli in a mortar and pound with a pestle until a rough paste forms. Stir through the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Set aside.
- Soak the noodles in lukewarm water for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Drain. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook the noodles for 1 minute. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Use scissors to cut the noodles into more manageable lengths.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the squid hoods open lengthways from top to bottom. Score the inside in a diamond pattern and cut the hoods into quarters. Place the squid and prawns in a large bowl. Add the oil and toss to combine.
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Cook the prawns and squid for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through. Transfer to the bowl with the noodles.
- Toss the seafood and noodles with the dressing, shallot, tomato, coriander and mint. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with the peanuts.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 200g glass noodles (cellophane or mung bean)
- 400g baby squid hoods, cleaned
- 300g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 French shallots, peeled, finely sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts, chopped Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 long fresh red chilli, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fish sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lime juice
- 3 teaspoons white sugar