How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 2.5cm-deep, 24cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base with coconut oil.
- Process the oats, walnuts and buckwheat flour in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, water, vanilla and salt. Process until well combined and mixture comes together.Press firmly over the base and sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 20-22 minutesor until golden and firm. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the cacao ganache, place the coconut milk, syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in a heatproof bowl. Whisk in the cacao powder. Set over a saucepan of just simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water) over low heat. Cook, stirring often, for 30-35 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Setaside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Pour ganache over the prepared base. Set aside for 1 hour or until set.
- Sprinkle with raspberries, pomegranate, pistachio and bougainvillea petals, if using.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g walnuts
- 70g (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
- 50g solidified coconut oil
- 100g (1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Halved pistachio, to serve (optional) Cacao ganache
- 2 x 270ml cans coconut milk
- 125g (1/3 cup) rice malt syrup
- 10g coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 35g (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder, sifted