How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a round 22cm fluted tart tin with removable base.
- To make base, combine buckwheat or sunflower seeds, macadamias and almonds in a food processor or blender. Using the pulse action, process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the coconut, dates and sugar and process until well combined. Add the coconut oil and process until the mixture just sticks together.
- Press mixture into the base and side of prepared tin. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp. Set aside to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the filling, place the dates, peanut butter, banana, milk, vanilla and salt in a food processor or blender and blend, scraping down the sides, until a thin, smooth mixture forms (blending times will vary according to how powerful your blender is).
- Pour the filling over the base and smooth with a spatula. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to firm.
- Top the pie with cream, banana and sesame seeds or nibs. Drizzle with coconut nectar, if you like.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 200ml pouring cream, whipped, to serve
- 1 large banana, sliced, to serve
- Black sesame seeds or raw cacao nibs, to serve
- Coconut nectar, to serve (optional) Base
- 100g raw buckwheat groats or sunflower seeds
- 40g (1/4 cup) macadamias (roasted or activated)
- 40g (1/4 cup) almonds (roasted or activated)
- 35g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 140g fresh (medjool) dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar or coconut sugar (see notes)
- 55g (1/4 cup) solidified coconut oil, softened Filling
- 250g fresh (medjool) dates, pitted
- 140g (1/2 cup) pure peanut butter
- 250g peeled banana (about 2-3 bananas), chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt