How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease two 6cm-deep, round 20cm cake pans with oil. Line bases and sides with baking paper. Grease paper and dust with extra potato flour. Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and xylitol until thick, pale and glossy. Add 1 tsp vanilla bean paste and beat until well combined.
- Sift the potato flour or cornflour and baking powder together. Use a large metal spoon to gradually fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, in 3 batches, alternating with the coconut, until just combined. Divide the mixture between the prepared pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cakes are pale golden. Transfer to wire racks and allow cakes to cool completely in the pans.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream and remaining vanilla bean paste until firm peaks form. Gently fold in the yoghurt.
- Place 1 cake on a serving plate. Spread with half the cream mixture. Spoon half the passionfruit pulp over the cream. Top with the second cake and the remaining cream mixture. Decorate with the strawberries and raspberries, then drizzle with the remaining passionfruit pulp.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 120g (2/3 cup) potato flour or gluten-free cornflour, plus extra, to dust
- 4 eggs
- 140g (1/2 cup) xylitol
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 300ml ctn pouring cream
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 3-4 passionfruit, halved
- 250g punnet strawberries, halved
- 125g punnet raspberries