How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Use electric beaters to beat the butter, honey and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat to combine. Beat in the banana (the mixture will appear slightly curdled, but that is okay).
- Gradually fold in the flour and milk, in alternating batches, until the mixture is smooth and combined. Drop level tablespoons of the mixture onto the trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 15 minutes or until springy to touch and light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir the cream cheese and extra honey in a small bowl until combined. Spread over the cooled cookies. Sprinkle with coconut and pistachios, if you like.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey, plus 1 tablespoon, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 large ripe banana, well mashed
- 225g (11/2 cups) plain flour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 160g spreadable cream cheese
- 20g (1/3 cup) flaked coconut, toasted
- Finely chopped pistachios, to serve (optional)