How to Make:
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Take handfuls of zucchini and squeeze out the excess liquid. Place in a large bowl. Add the haloumi, corn, flour and egg. Season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Preheat the pie maker and add 1/3 cup of the mixture to each hole. Spray the top of each fritter lightly with oil. Close the pie maker and cook for 12 minutes or until golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- To make the dipping sauce, place the mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice in a small bowl and combine well. Serve with the fritters.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (about 500g) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 250g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 400g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked Dipping sauce
- 125g (1/2 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice