How to Make:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic and cook for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the broccoli stems, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 mins or until broccoli and potato are very tender.
- Add the broccoli florets and peas to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-5 mins or until the vegetables are bright green and just tender. Remove from heat.
- Use a stick blender to carefully blend until smooth. Add the cream and blend to combine. Season.
- Meanwhile, to make the parmesan wafers, preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the parmesan and paprika in a large bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the lined tray. Season with pepper. Bake for 2 mins or until the parmesan melts and is golden. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
- Ladle the soup evenly among serving bowls. Serve immediately with parmesan wafers.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 broccoli heads, cut into florets, stems chopped
- 1 Red Royale potato, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream Parmesan wafers
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika