How to Make:
- Make Roast Vegetable Scones; Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Sift flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add roast vegetables and chives. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until a sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until just smooth. Pat dough out to a 15cm round. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut out 4 rounds from mixture. Press dough trimmings together. Repeat to make 8 rounds. Place scones, just touching, on prepared tray. Brush tops with extra milk. Sprinkle with cheddar. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and scones sound hollow when tapped.
- Meanwhile, place lemon juice and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine. Add salad leaves. Toss to coat.
- Arrange salad leaves, apple, cucumber, pecans, turkey, cheddar and scones on a serving board. Serve with cranberry sauce and butter.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 1 pink lady apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 200g leftover roast turkey, thinly sliced
- 60g vintage cheddar, sliced
- 1/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- Butter, softened, to serve Roast vegetable scones
- 1 cup self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 25g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 cup leftover roast root vegetables, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons grated vintage cheddar