Recipe: Kimchi poutineFinger food recipes
How to Make:
- Place potatoes in a large bowl of cold water (this stops potatoes oxidising and removes the starch).
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook flour, stirring, for 30 seconds. Slowly stir in stock until combined and cook until mixture boils and thickens. Add kimchi and soy sauce and cook until hot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat until oil reaches 180C or a piece of bread sizzles on contact. Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towel (or use a salad spinner). Deep-fry potatoes for 5-8 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Drain on paper towel.
- Divide fries immediately between 4 plates and top with cheese. Pour over piping hot kimchi gravy and sprinkle with onion and sesame seeds.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 1kg brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into fries
- 30g butter
- 1 1/4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup kimchi, drained, finely chopped (see Notes)
- Rice bran oil, to deep-fry
- 50g mozzarella, finely chopped
- 100g cheddar, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted