Recipe: Japanese grilled sake and wasabi prawnsFinger food recipes
How to Make:
- Using a sharp knife, cut prawns along back from top to tail (do not cut all the way through). Remove and discard veins and open prawns flat to butterfly.
- Combine sake, soy sauce, ginger and half the wasabi in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add prawns. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a greased barbecue grill or chargrill pan over high heat. Drain prawns. Discard marinade. Cook prawns, turning, for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly charred and just cooked through.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and remaining wasabi in a bowl. Season with salt. Place prawns on a serving platter. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with wasabi mayonnaise.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 1.8kg large green king prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1/4 cup cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons S&B Wasabi Paste
- 1/3 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve