Recipe: Ice-cube tray lemon and passionfruit cheesecakesFinger food recipes
How to Make:
- Grease two 12-hole (40ml-capacity) ice-cube trays. Line each hole with a small strip of baking paper, extending paper 2cm over long sides of each hole.
- Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Divide biscuit mixture evenly among prepared holes, pressing to compact. Refrigerate until required.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over boiling water in a small jug, stirring until gelatine dissolves.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Add cream. Beat until mixture thickens slightly. With motor operating, add half the gelatine mixture. Beat until just combined. Divide mixture among holes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine passionfruit pulp, remaining sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Add passionfruit mixture to remaining gelatine mixture in jug. Stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully pour over cheesecake mixture in ice cube tray holes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Using baking paper strips, lift cheesecakes from holes. Discard baking paper. Serve.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 150g gingernut biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 3 passionfruit, halved