How to Make:
- Whisk the coconut milk, syrup and water together in a bowl. Stir in the chia seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to soak.
- Meanwhile, for the granita, process the watermelon until smooth. Push watermelon through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Discard solids. Place the syrup and water in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir syrup mixture and lime juice into the watermelon juice. Pour into a 16 x 26cm slice pan. Freeze for 1 hour or until icy around the edges. Use a fork to roughly break up the mixture. Place in the freezer for 2 hours, using a fork to scrape the mixture into coarse crystals every 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Divide chia pudding among small serving glasses. Top with the granita and sprinkle with lime rind.
Time for preparing:6 min. PT6M
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 100g (1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 40g (1/4 cup) black chia seeds Watermelon granita
- 1.3kg piece seedless watermelon, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced