How to Make:
- Grease the base and sides of an 8.5 x 21cm (base measurement) straight-sided loaf pan and line with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Heat a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the buckwheat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted and aromatic. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Add the pepitas, coconut chips, cranberries, sunflower seeds and chia seeds to the quinoa mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cook the syrup, oil and tahini in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water (don't let bowl touch the water), stirring until smooth. Add the cacao. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and comes together. Add to the quinoa mixture. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface, pressing firmly. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm. Cut into 8 bars. Dust with extra cacao. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 55g (1/4 cup) raw buckwheat
- 55g (1/4 cup) white quinoa
- 80g (1/2 cup) pepitas
- 30g (1/2 cup) coconut chips
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 55g (1/3 cup) sunflower-seed kernels
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- 125g (1/3 cup) rice malt syrup
- 60g (1/4 cup) coconut oil, solidified
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 30g (1/4 cup) raw cacao powder, plus extra, to serve