How to Make:
- Brush a 1L (4-cup) capacity heatproof, microwave-safe pudding basin with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Combine the sultanas, raisins, dates, figs, apricots, cherries and glace fruit in a glass or ceramic bowl. Place brandy in a heatproof, microwave-safe jug. Cover with plastic wrap and heat on High/800watts/100% for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Pour brandy over fruit mixture and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to macerate.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large bowl until thick and pale. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate and fruit mixture, and stir until well combined. Add the apple, flour, breadcrumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared basin. Cover with 2 layers of baking paper. Tie unwaxed white kitchen string under the rim of the basin to secure. Cook on Defrost/350watts/30% for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. Drizzle with extra brandy and set aside for 15 minutes. Turn pudding onto a plate and cut into slices to serve.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 100g sultanas
- 100g raisins
- 100g dried pitted dates, chopped
- 100g dried whole dessert figs, chopped
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g glace cherries, chopped
- 50g mixed glace fruits (such as pineapple), chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) brandy
- 125g butter, softened
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 125g good quality dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 160g (1/2 cup) canned pie apple
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 55g (3/4 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, extra, to serve