How to Make:
- Combine the raisins and port in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to macerate.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity dariole moulds with melted butter to grease. Line the bases with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the combined flours, mixed spice and cinnamon over the butter mixture and stir until almost combined. Add the raisin mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon into the prepared moulds and smooth the surfaces.
- Cut eight 15cm-square pieces of non-stick baking paper and eight 15cm-square pieces of foil. Place the paper on top of the foil and fold to make a small pleat in the centre. Place a square over each mould, foil-side up. Use kitchen string to secure.
- Place the puddings in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to the pan to reach two-thirds of the way up the side of the moulds. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to stand. Turn out onto serving plates and drizzle over custard to serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 500g raisins, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) port
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bought custard, warmed, to serve