How to Make:
- Grease 8 cup (2 litre) capacity pudding basin. Line the base with baking paper.
- Combine the raisins, sultanas, currants, prunes, water, caster and brown sugars and butter in medium saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until fruit softens and mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add the eggs, combined flours, mixed spice, cinnamon and bourbon and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Spoon mixture in the prepared basin. Secure with lid. Place in large saucepan, pour enough boiling water in to come halfway up sides of the basin. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Place over medium-low heat and bring to a slow boil. Cook for 5 hours or until cooked through, adding more boiling water if necessary. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to stand before turning out onto a platter.
- Serve pudding with pouring custard, if desired.
Time for preparing:625 min. PT625M
- 375g packet Sunbeam raisins, chopped
- 375g packet Sunbeam sultanas
- 3/4 cup (125g) Sunbeam currants
- 3/4 cup (150g) chopped Sunbeam prunes
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey