How to Make:
- Grease an 8 cup-capacity metal pudding basin (with lid). Line base with baking paper.
- Sift flours, mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Stir in fruit mince, eggs and butter. Spoon mixture into prepared basin. Smooth top. Secure lid.
- Place in a large saucepan. Pour boiling water into pan until halfway up side of steamer. Cover pan. Place over medium heat. Boil for 5 hours, adding more boiling water when necessary.
- Remove pan from heat. Carefully lift steamer from water. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove lid. Turn pudding onto a plate. Serve with custard.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 cups Fruit mince (see related recipe)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g butter, melted, cooled custard, to serve