How to Make:
- Combine raisins, currants, sultanas, figs, prunes, dates and rum in a large bowl. Cover. Stand overnight.
- Grease an 8 cup-capacity metal pudding steamer. Line base with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and orange rind until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in fruit mixture. Sift flour, baking powder, mixed spice, ginger and cinnamon over mixture. Add breadcrumbs. Fold to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared steamer. Secure lid. Place in a large saucepan. Pour boiling water into pan until halfway up side of steamer. Cover pan. Place over low heat. Boil for 5 hours, adding more boiling water when necessary. Remove pan from heat. Carefully lift steamer from water. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove lid. Turn pudding onto a plate. Serve with custard.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup prunes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup rum
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Custard, to serve