How to Make:
- Grease an 8 cup-capacity metal pudding basin with lid. Line base with baking paper.
- Sift flours, cinnamon, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Add fruit mince, orange rind, egg and butter. Mix well to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared basin. Level top. Tap gently on bench to remove any air bubbles. Level top again. Secure lid.
- Place basin in a large saucepan. Pour enough boiling water into saucepan to come halfway up side of basin. Cover pan. Place over medium heat. Boil for 5 hours, adding more boiling water when necessary (see note). Remove from heat.
- Carefully lift steamer from water. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove lid. Turn pudding onto a heatproof plate. Serve with custard.
Time for preparing:610 min. PT610M
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 cups fruit mince (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- Custard, to serve