How to Make:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in parmesan, basil and breadcrumbs. Season with pepper. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large, shallow frying pan of water to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Cut each lasagne sheet crossways into 3 equal pieces. Spoon 1 level tablespoon of tomato mixture on one half of each piece of lasagne sheet. Top each with 1 teaspoon ricotta. Brush along edges of lasagne sheet with a little water. Fold over to enclose filling, pressing the edges to secure (see Notes).
- Cook ravioli, four at a time, for 10 seconds or until pasta is just tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to serving plates. Repeat with remaining ravioli. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1/4 cup smooth ricotta
- Extra grated parmesan, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve