How to Make:
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add capers, anchovies, chilli and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato, 1/2 cup cold water and sugar.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Add oregano, olives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Serve sauce tossed through pasta.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 375g dried rigatoni pasta