How to Make:
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Add eggplant sauce, nuts and basil. Toss over low heat until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 x 415g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see hint)
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves