How to Make:
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove to a plate.
- Add fennel, thyme and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add wine and mustard. Cook for 3 minutes. Add sweet potato and stock. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cream. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes (do not return to the boil as sauce might spit). Stir in caramelised onions. Serve.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, halved crossways
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Maille wholegrain mustard
- 400g orange sweet potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 quantity caramelised onions (see note)