How to Make:
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, reserve 12 sage leaves. Finely chop remaining leaves. Using a small knife, cut a slit into the side of each sausage. Remove sausage meat from casings. Discard casings. Break sausage meat into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add whole sage leaves. Cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Using tongs, carefully transfer leaves to a plate lined with paper towel. Add sausage meat to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Stir in chopped sage. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add passata. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until sausage pieces are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide fettuccine between bowls. Spoon over sausage mixture. Top with sage leaves and parmesan.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 400g fettuccine
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 450g Italian pork and fennel sausages
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 3/4 cup shaved parmesan