How to Make:
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato, 1/2 cup cold water and sugar.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Add oregano and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Serve sauce tossed through pasta.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g short-cut bacon
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 375g spaghetti