How to Make:
- Sift self-raising flour, plain flour, custard powder and sugar into a large bowl. Rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in centre. Combine egg and 1/4 cup milk in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms. Place on a floured surface. Knead for 30 seconds or until just smooth. Shape dough into a disc. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Roll two-thirds of pastry out between 2 sheets baking paper into a 24cm x 34cm rectangle. Line base and sides of prepared pan with pastry. Spoon apple into pastry case. Roll out remaining pastry between baking paper to a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Place over apples. Press edges to seal. Brush top with remaining milk. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, make icing Sift sugar into a bowl. Stir in butter and passionfruit pulp until smooth and thick. Spread over cake. Set aside for 20 minutes to set. Serve.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup Foster Clark's custard powder
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 800g can sliced pie apple Passionfruit icing
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar mixture
- 25g butter, softened
- 2 passionfruit, halved