How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (not fan-forced). Grease and line base of a 23cm springform cake pan.
- Peel and core the apples, and cut into segments. Toss the apples in lemon juice and half the cinnamon, then set aside.
- Take 50g each of the sugar, butter and flour, place in a bowl with the remaining cinnamon and rub together with your fingertips.
- Place eggs and remaining sugar in an electric beater and beat until very light and fluffy. Melt remaining butter and pour into egg mixture. Sift in remaining flour, then fold in carefully until combined.
- Pour into the pan, and carefully lay the apple slices over top. Sprinkle with the crumble mixture and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Masterfoods Ground Cinnamon
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- Icing sugar, to dust