How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven. Grease two 12-hole, 1 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition (mixture will separate at this stage). Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half the flour. Stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
- For 1 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans use 1 tablespoon mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Stand cakes in pans for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare jelly following packet directions. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place coconut in a bowl. Dip 1 cake in jelly mixture to coat. Roll in coconut. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining cakes, jelly and coconut. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Cut a small wedge in the top of each cake. Discard wedge. Spoon cream into holes. Decorate with cachous. Serve.
Time for preparing:12 min. PT12M
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 85g packet orange-flavoured jelly crystals
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 300ml double cream
- silver cachous, to decorate