How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm square cake pan with non-stick paper.
- Place the cake mix, egg, oil and 2/3 cup (150ml) water in a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add the figs and orange rind. Fold through until well combined. Pour into the pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the contents of the icing sachet, butter and maple syrup in a small bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Spread over the top of the cake. Scatter with the orange zest to decorate.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 470g pkt Green's carrot cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 200g dessert figs, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons (60g) soft butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Orange zest, to decorate