How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and lightly flour a 2-litre bundt pan.
- Place butter and 1 cup sugar in an electric mixer and beat at a high speed until light and fluffy. Grate the rind from 2 oranges and add to the mixture. (Squeeze the juice from these 2 oranges and set aside.)
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the mixture, beating well after each addition. Add creme fraiche and marmalade, beating slowly until combined. Sift flour, bicarbonate soda and baking powder into the mixture, then use a metal spoon to carefully fold in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Place batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool, then turn out onto a wire rack placed over a tray.
- To prepare the syrup, cut remaining oranges into thin slices and set aside. Place reserved orange juice, remaining sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Add orange slices and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the slices are transparent. Lay out on a wire rack and continue cooking syrup until well reduced.
- While the cake us still warm, use a skewer to make small holes over the surface, then drizzle with the syrup. Place orange slices on top of cake, twisting them to form a decorative pattern.
Time for preparing:85 min. PT85M
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 21/4 cups caster sugar
- 4 large oranges
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons thin shred marmalade
- 13/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder