How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter. Line base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Place butter, chocolate, sugar, water, golden syrup and vanilla essence in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat with a wooden spoon for 5 mins or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 20 mins to cool.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift combined flours over chocolate mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-60 mins or until a skewer comes out almost clean. Stand cake for 20 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g butter, cubed
- 200g white chocolate (Nestle brand), chopped
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 180ml (3/4 cup) hot water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- Icing sugar, to dust