How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake pan.
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Fold in flour, almond meal, baking powder, milk and melted chocolate.
- Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- For chocolate cream, heat cream over low heat, add chocolate and stir until melted. Chill for about 15 minutes, until thickened but still a little soft.
- To serve, spread cream over cooled cake and sprinkle Flake bars over the top.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 Cadbury Flake chocolate bars, crumbled Chocolate cream
- 300ml thick cream
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped