How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place butter, chocolate and coffee in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Add sugar, bourbon and egg, and use a wire balloon whisk to whisk until well combined. Sift flour and baking powder over chocolate mixture and stir with the whisk until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake (cover with non-stick baking paper halfway through cooking if it browns too quickly). Remove from oven and set aside for 1 hour to cool.
- Turn cake onto a chopping board. Cut into squares and dust with cocoa powder. Serve with creme fraiche.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 250g butter, chopped
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate (Lindt Excellence 85 per cent Cocoa brand), coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) freshly brewed strong espresso coffee
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) bourbon whiskey
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Creme fraiche, to serve