How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line the base and side of a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of the honey over base of the pan. Arrange apple slices, overlapping, over the base. Drizzle with remaining honey.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar and extra honey in a medium bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until just combined. Add the combined flours, almond meal, ginger, cinnamon and cloves and stir to combine. Add the sour cream and extra chopped apple and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool before turning onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature with yoghurt, if desired.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pink lady apple, thinly sliced crossways
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey, extra
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 1 pink lady apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped, extra
- Natural yoghurt, to serve