How to Make:
- Release the base from a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan, invert and lightly grease. Line base with baking paper. Allow edges to overhang. Secure base back in the pan. Line the side with baking paper.
- Process biscuits and 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and process until well combined. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and press biscuit mixture firmly over base and side of pan. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan forced. Process the cream cheese, sugars, sour cream, lemon rind and remaining cinnamon in food processor until smooth. Add the eggs and process until well combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until just set in the centre. Turn oven off. Leave cake in oven, with door slightly ajar, until cooled completely. Place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
- For the brandy apple slices, combine the sugars in a bowl. Combine brandy and juice in a separate bowl. Reserve 1 tsp brandy mixture. Line a tray with baking paper. Heat 30g of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook half the apple slices, turning, for 2 minutes or until golden. Drizzle with half the remaining brandy mixture. Cook for 30 seconds or until almost all evaporated. Sprinkle with 1 tbs of the sugar mixture. Cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until caramelised and translucent. Transfer to prepared tray. Repeat with another 30g of the butter, apple, brandy mixture and 1 tbs of the sugar mixture. Add remaining butter and sugar mixture to the pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Carefully add cream. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until thick and smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in reserved brandy mixture.
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate. Arrange brandy apple slices on top of cheesecake and drizzle with sauce.
Time for preparing:90 min. PT90M
- 250g pkt Arnott's Nice biscuits
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 200g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs Brandy apple slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 70g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream