How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan with baking paper.
- Thinly slice 2 of the apples crossways. Peel and core the remaining apple. Finely chop. Set aside. Arrange half the sliced apple over the base of the prepared pan. Drizzle with the honey.
- Combine the flour, almond meal, caster sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, half the cinnamon and half the orange rind in a large bowl. Add the chopped apple and stir to combine. Add the butter, egg, milk and half the ricotta and stir to combine.
- Combine the remaining cinnamon, orange rind and ricotta with the brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon half the batter over the apple in the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Arrange the remaining sliced apple over the batter. Spread the ricotta mixture over the apple and smooth the surface. Top with the remaining batter and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour 20 mins or until a bamboo skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Turn the cake onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve with creme fraiche drizzled with extra honey.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (85g) cornmeal (polenta)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 500g fresh firm ricotta
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Creme fraiche, to serve
- Honey, extra, to serve