How to Make:
- To make the apples: Rub a 20cm sandwich tin with Flora Buttery and base line with baking paper. Sieve brown sugar evenly over the base of the pan. Brush one side of each slice of apple with melted Flora Buttery and arrange slices evenly, overlapping, over the base of the pan. Allow to rest while preparing cake.
- To make the cake: Preheat oven to 180°C. Place Flora Buttery, egg, milk, sugar and flour in a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 or until when a skewer is inserted in the cake it comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before turning out of tin.
- Carefully spread any sauce remaining in the tin over the cake.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Flora Buttery spread, melted
- 2 medium green apples, peeled, cored and cut into 32 slices
- Cinnamon for sprinkling Cake
- 60g (1/4 cup) Flora Buttery spread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 16 strawberries
- Cinnamon for sprinkling