How to Make:
- Brush a shallow 10 x 34cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base, with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add butter and process until combined. Transfer to prepared pan. Use a glass to spread and press mixture firmly over base and sides of pan. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn't touch water) and stir until melted.
- Place water in a heatproof glass. Sprinkle with gelatine and stir with a fork until it dissolves.
- Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese and brown sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add chocolate and gelatine, and beat until combined. Spoon into base and use a knife to smooth the surface. Place in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Meanwhile, drain cherries and reserve syrup. Combine sugar and cornflour in a saucepan. Gradually add the syrup. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sauce boils. Remove from heat. Add the cherries. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Slice cheesecake. Serve topped with cherries and chocolate curls.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g plain chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 200g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 2 x 250g pkt cream cheese, at room temperature
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 x 670g jar morello cherries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- White chocolate curls, to decorate