How to Make:
- Line a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slab pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Use a large spoon to spread and press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, place the water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with the gelatine. Place the bowl in a saucepan. Add enough boiling water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the bowl. Stir until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the passionfruit pulp in a fine sieve over a bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press the juice from the pulp into the bowl (you'll need 1/3 cup of passionfruit juice in step 5). Reserve the pulp and seeds.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese, cream and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the passionfruit juice. Beat in the gelatine mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Spoon the reserved pulp over the cheesecake mixture. Use a flat-bladed knife to swirl the pulp through the mixture. Tap the pan on the benchtop a few times to settle the mixture. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set. Cut into squares to serve.
Time for preparing:12 min. PT12M
- 1 x 250g pkt Arnott's Butternut Snap Cookies
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
- 9 passionfruit, halved
- 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar