How to Make:
- Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and lemon rind and process until well combined. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and press the mixture firmly over the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, place the cold water in a heatproof jug. Sprinkle with the gelatine. Place the jug in a saucepan of simmering water and stir the gelatine for 2 minutes or until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the lemon juice and beat until combined.
- Use a clean electric beater to beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Use a clean electric beater to beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir the gelatine mixture into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Fold in the cream and egg whites.
- Spoon half the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan. Spoon over half the lemon curd. Use a skewer to create a swirled effect. Repeat with the remaining cheesecake mixture and lemon curd. Place cheesecake in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to set.
Time for preparing:8 min. PT8M
- 250g pkt Arnott's Nice biscuits
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cold water
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 500ml (2 cups) thickened cream
- 2 egg whites
- 180g (1/2 cup) lemon curd