How to Make:
- Place buttermilk and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each ravioli first in buttermilk, then in crumbs to coat.
- Half-fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan with oil and heat to 190°C (the oil is hot enough when a cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds). Working in batches of 5, fry ravioli for 1-2 minutes until crumbs are golden and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in a small pan over low heat to warm through. Season, then transfer to a bowl.
- Arrange ravioli on a platter, sprinkle with parsley and parmesan, then serve with the sauce for dipping.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (see note)
- 500g packet good-quality cheese ravioli
- Sunflower oil, to deep-fry
- 300ml good-quality tomato pasta sauce
- Parsley, to serve
- Grated parmesan, to serve "
Roasted tomato and pesto ravioli
Goat’s cheese ravioli with sage butter
Gluten-free spinach and ricotta ravioli with tomato sauce
Spiced pumpkin and ricotta ravioli with butter sage sauce
Goats' cheese ravioli with puttanesca sauce
Stovetop spinach and garlic ravioli 'bake'
Beetroot ravioli with sage & poppy seed burnt butter
Giant self-saucing ravioli