How to Make:
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add half the ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin, sweet potato and half the cumin and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Increase heat to high. Add the stock and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin and sweet potato are very tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the remaining oil and cumin in a small bowl. Place the bread on a large baking tray and brush with the oil mixture. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until the bread is crisp. Break the bread into large pieces. Combine the coriander, chilli, coconut and remaining ginger in a small bowl.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with the coconut mixture. Serve with the cumin bread and yoghurt, if desired.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1kg Butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 500g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 pieces Lebanese bread
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Greek-style natural yoghurt (optional), to serve "
Moroccan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soup
Spiced pumpkin and lentil soup
Spicy winter vegetable soup with coconut sambal
Creamy sweet potato, onion and pumpkin soup with croutons
Carrot and ginger soup with yoghurt
Red lentil soup with coriander oil
Pumpkin and sweet potato soup with coriander sambal & cumin flatbread
Sweet potato soup