How to Make:
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Use a large spoon to stir water to make a whirlpool. Carefully pour the egg into the centreof the whirlpool. Cook for 4 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add cream. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the shallot and parsley.
- Add the cream mixture to the pasta and toss until well combined. Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with the poached eggs to serve.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 fresh eggs
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley "