Recipe: Barbecued lamb with fresh herbsHealthy Seasonal Recipes
How to Make:
- Place garlic, rosemary, oregano and pepper into a small bowl. Mix to combine. Use a sharp knife to butterfly lamb legs so they open out flat. Using a meat mallet, slightly flatten thick parts of lamb so lamb is an even thickness all over. Rub herb mixture over both legs of lamb. Place into a large shallow ceramic dish.
- Combine oil and lemon juice in a jug. Pour over lamb. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight if time permits. Remove from fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate over high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Place lamb, skin-side down, onto barbecue plate. Cook for 3 minutes each side to seal. Cover barbecue with hood or a large roasting pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook lamb, basting with marinade occasionally, for a further 15 minutes each side (for medium). Remove to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes. Slice lamb. Arrange on a serving plate. Serve.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 x 1.2kg boned lamb legs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice "