How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add apple. Cook, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Add sugar and 2 tablespoons cold water. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange apple in prepared pan. Spoon over sugar mixture. Cut a 22cm round from pastry. Place pastry over apple, tucking in at edge. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto a plate. Serve with cream.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 50g unsalted butter
- 4 medium green apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- Double cream, to serve "