How to Make:
- Cut four 14cm circles from the pastry, then lightly score with a 1cm border. Prick inside the border with a fork several times and lay pastry rounds on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine apple sauce with 1 tablespoon Calvados, then spread over the inner circles of the pastry rounds. Peel, core and halve apples, then cut into thin slices. Starting from the outside, arrange apple slices over the apple sauce in a circular pattern, slightly overlapping, finishing with the smaller pieces of apple in the centre. Sprinkle sugar over the apple and brush the pastry border with the beaten egg. Bake the tarts in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the jam in a small saucepan over low heat with remaining 1 tablespoon Calvados and 2 tablespoons water. Warm gently, then press through a sieve, discarding solids. Brush the warm tarts with the jam glaze.
- For the Calvados cream, place the creme fraiche and Calvados in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve tarts warm with cream.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) good-quality apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons Calvados or other brandy
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (160g) apricot jam Calvados cream
- 300ml creme fraiche
- 2-3 tablespoons Calvados, to taste (see note) "