How to Make:
- Heat oil with 15g butter in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Remove and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium. Add remaining 15g butter to frypan with eschalot and chopped garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until soft, then add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until evaporated. Return mushrooms to the pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush bread on both sides with extra oil, then toast on the chargrill for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Rub one side with the cut side of the remaining garlic clove.
- Stir the parsley into the mushroom mixture and season, then pile onto the grilled bread and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush bread
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 cups (300g) mixed mushrooms, halved if large
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 finely chopped, 1 halved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 4 slices woodfired or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley "