How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a heavybased, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil, onion, capsicum and garlic to pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add turmeric, cumin, paprika, cinnamon sticks and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine, tomato, stock, rice and chicken. Stir to combine. Cover with lid. Transfer to oven. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid nearly all absorbed.
- Remove from oven. Stir through parsley and olives. Serve.
Time for preparing:110 min. PT110M
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup arborio rice
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves , chopped, to serve
- Pitted black olives, to serve "