How to Make:
- Place the beans in a large bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. Set aside overnight to soak.
- Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add the sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until browned all over and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Thickly slice diagonally.
- Add one-third of the ribs to the casserole dish. Cook, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining ribs.
- Preheat oven to 140C.
- Add the onion, fennel and garlic to the dish. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 mins or until wine reduces by half. Return the ribs and sausages to the dish with the tomato, stock, thyme, 1 tbs of sage and the bay leaves. Remove from heat. Add the drained white beans and stir to combine.
- Bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until pork ribs and beans are very tender. Increase oven temperature to 180°C. Combine the breadcrumbs, remaining sage and remaining oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the cassoulet. Bake, uncovered, for 30 mins or until top is crisp and golden. Serve topped with extra thyme sprigs.
Time for preparing:150 min. PT150M
- 1 cup (200g) dry white beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Coles classic pork sausages
- 500g Coles Australian pork spare ribs, rind removed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 2 x 400g can Coles Brand diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded sage
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 cups (140g) stale breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- Thyme sprigs, extra, to serve "