How to Make:
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, potato and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until wine reduces by half.
- Add the broccoli and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 mins or until broccoli is very tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly.
- Add half the cheese to the broccoli mixture. Place in a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and place over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining cheese and the parsley. Drizzle with remaining oil. Serve with the baguette slices.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 1 brushed potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 large head broccoli, stems included, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 150g Castello blue cheese, crumbled
- Small flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Toasted baguette slices, to serve "